ART was founded in 2009 by Steven Landry and Etienna Wright with the goal of seeing quality, professionally approached theatre produced in the Acadiana area. Since that time, ART has focused on presenting quality performances, establishing administrative stability, organization and the formation of a strong company of actors, directors, technicians and visual artists to present the best quality productions possible.
In 2013, at the end of our first full season, after 3 shows that were regional or world premieres, we shifted our focus to the development and production of new works, working hand in hand with playwrights as they develop the new landscape of the American Theatre.
If you have any questions about ART programs, or if you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please contact us today!
The Acadiana Repertory Theatre engages, inspires, entertains, and challenges audiences while also serving as an incubator where playwrights can develop new work and see that work brought to production; we celebrate our wealth of local artists while connecting with artists from around the country; we provide varying theatrical experiences that promote life-long learning and engagement to a diverse community; and we celebrate the essential power of the theatre to illuminate our common humanity.
VISION AND VALUES
- Excellence: We seek to achieve the highest professional quality in a supportive working environment, and expect excellence from the artists, staff and volunteers with whom we work.
- Community: Audiences, artists and patrons are essential members of our community. We believe in offering programs that reflect the diversity of Acadiana and Southern Louisiana, that have meaningful impact on our community and that instill a passion for theatre in all those we serve.
- Innovation: We value creativity and innovation in the work of our artists and the ways that we support them. We also believe in finding innovative ways to connect our work to the community and involve them in our creative process. We will be open and supportive of the ideas of our artists and our community.
- Education: We will seek to educate future artists so that a continued tradition of quality and forward theatrical thinking can continue into the next generation.
- Exploration: We believe theatre is an exploration for both artists and audiences of the deepest questions of the human experience. We envision each season as a year- long conversation with our community about big ideas, important ideas, impactful ideas through evenings in the theatre